After communism and capitalism, there is asterism.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bridge Blogging

I've got a new logo!
Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?
Now yours truly is putting his writing skills to the test over at Global Voices Online. I will be providing a weekly review of the Iraqi blogs every Thursday starting tomorrow.

On Asterism I really try to avoid bloging about other blogs - first because it is too easy and second I do not think it adds to the online world. But, when I did just that once I found it was fun and above all it provokes a reaction from other bloggers. And why not - when someone dis's your favourite blogger it is impossible to resist retorting. Well now I am blog-blogging for a good reason - bringing Iraqi blogger to a new audience.

One thing I have noticed; Every Iraqi blogger hates the result of the Iraqi election. I mean - come on guys the UIA got the largest proportion of the vote - there must be someone out there willing to blog in their support. No? Alright, then what can you maker of this? Is it:

a) Bloggers come from the small, middle-class, westernised section of Iraqi society.
b) The election result was falsified.
c) Like chess, Sistani issued a fatwa against blogging.
d) UIA voters dont know how to blog.
e) None of the above.
f) All of the above.

Tell me please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home